ORGANISATION AND GOVERNMENT OF BERMUDA COVID 19 RESOURCE PORTAL
All participants will adhere to Bermuda’s testing policies, including temperature checks and screening procedures daily
“The World Tens Series is delighted to announce Bermuda as the host destination for this inaugural World Tens Series in 2020,” said Paul Holmes, COO, World Tens Series. “We are working closely with the Bermuda Tourism Authority and the Bermuda Government to receive all proper approvals to ensure the event aligns with the government’s guidelines.
All of our players and team management will be tested prior to their arrival, and with cases in Bermuda in the single digits, we know players will have less chance of contracting the virus once they are on the island. This makes Bermuda the ideal location for us to launch and showcase this exciting format for fans to watch.”
“We are excited to welcome this new and unique World Tens Series to Bermuda,” said Hazel Clark, Director of Sports Business Development, Bermuda Tourism Authority. “The World Tens Series organisation has demonstrated a huge commitment to working with us to safeguard Bermuda and we believe this is an outstanding new sporting event with world-class players that will capture fans’ interest from across the world and showcase our beautiful island.”
BERMUDA GOVERNMENTS PROTOCOL TO ENSURE A SAFE TOURNAMENT
- Players and travellers will need to complete the Travel Authorisation application to prove their negative COVID result prior to boarding their flights to and from Bermuda.
- Prior to boarding the flight all players and management will be required to show the airline their Travel Authorisation.
LF WADE AIRPORT PUTS STRICT MEASURES IN PLACE TO PREVENT COVID-19
- Frequency of cleaning at the airport has been increased.
- Hand sanitizing stations are present throughout the airport.
- Informational posters on preventive measures have been placed throughout the airport.
- There is an Isolated area for all travellers who test positive for COVID-19 on arrival and for travellers who have not yet been tested.
- Public health and safety guidelines are broadcast on a PA system in the terminal.
- All players and team management are required to have health insurance.
- Players will be required to take a PCR COVID-19 test on arrival at the airport and all players will be in quarantine until the result comes back negative (12-24 hours turnaround time).
- No public transport is permitted on arrival. Players are required to take a taxi to their hotel.
WHICH PROTOCOLS MUST PLAYERS AND TEAM MANAGEMENT OBSERVE IN BERMUDA?
- Players are required to take another COVID-19 PCR test on day 4, 8 and 14 while in Bermuda.
- Players will be required to wear a mask in all public places.
- All players and team management will be required to carry a thermometre and take regular temperature checks twice daily and record any symptoms.
- Players must observe social distance at all times while on the island except when engaging in training sessions and during matches.
- Players must wash their hands and ensure hygiene at all times.
- All players, team management and visitors travelling to Bermuda have been informed on what is required from them in order to ensure a safe event.
PROTOCOLS DURING MATCHDAY AND AT THE STADIUM
- Change rooms and all equipment will be cleaned and sterilised on a regular basis.
- Players will have their temperature checked when entering the Bermuda National Stadium and all team doctors will assess any symptoms.
STRICT LAWS IN PLACE
Failure to comply with any of the COVID-19 laws as set out by the government of Bermuda may result in a 25000USD fine and or imprisonment for 6 months.
PROTOCOLS IN PLACE IF A PLAYER TESTS POSITIVE FOR COVID-19 WHILE IN BERMUDA
If a player tests positive at any point during their stay in Bermuda they will be required to isolate in their hotel room for 14 days and they will be fitted with an electronic bracelet which tracks movement in order to ensure the player follows this protocol.